Christmas is on its way and we've got some great tips for you to make the most of your kitchen appliances during this festive season....
Christmas Tip 1: Need some help with those Christmas cocktails? Why not make things that bit easier using ice straight from your Siemens fridge with ice dispenser? Take a look at these great recipes below and get your Christmas started!
Whether its the beautiful aroma of mulled spices, the elegance and luxury from some added fizz or the fruity flavours from an alocohol-free Cosmoplolitan why not put your mixology to the test? Oh and don't forget the ice!
Make it mulled
Appleberry mulled wine:- you will need...
- 2 x 75cl bottles red wine (such as Merlot; better quality wine makes all the difference!)
- 1l good-quality cloudy apple juice
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 long cinnamon stick, snapped in half
- 2 star anise
- 3 tbsp orange Curaçao or Cointreau
- a handful or so (about 100g/4oz) frozen mulled fruit or fruits of the forest or Black Forest fruits
- 3 small red-skinned apple sliced into rings
What you'll need to do...
- Pour the wine and apple juice into a large saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise. Heat gently, stirring once or twice, until the sugar has dissolved, then continue heating gently for another 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, swirl in the Curaçao or Cointreau, throw in the frozen fruits and add the apple slice
Give it some Fizz...
Amaretto Fizz: you will need...
- 400ml Disaronno
- 600ml orange juice
- 2 x 75cl bottles sparkling wine
- strips orange zest
What you'll need to do...
- Mix Disaronno, orange juice and sparkling wine in a jug. Add a strip orange zest to each glass, if you like.
Something for the designated driver...
Drivers' punch: you will need...
- 100g cranberries
- 100ml/3½fl oz cranberry juice
- 500ml blood orange juice (Sanguinello)
- juice of 1 lime
- thin wedges of lime
- thin wedges of orange
- 600ml Appletise, sparkling apple juice drink
What you need to do...
- Put the cranberries into a medium size, rigid freezer container, cover with water (by about 2.5cm), freeze until solid.
- Mix the cranberry juice in a large jug (about 1.5 litre) with the orange and lime juices.
- To serve, smash the sheet of frozen cranberries into shards and put in the bottom of eight highball glasses. Put a wedge of lime and orange and a mint sprig in each glass, then pour in the mixed fruit juices and top up with Appletise.
For more of these recipes or similar please visit http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/christmas-cocktails-and-mocktails
All recipes courtesy of BBC goodfood. Please drink responsibly.