Our Shaker Kitchens offer you kitchen elegance through their simple, authentic and distinctive style. Shaker kitchens are always constructed to take shape from a classic square frame with a recessed centre panel which sits beautifully in both modern & traditional kitchen designs.
The Shaker door has become a true classic in kitchen interior design. If you are looking for that everlasting style that combines simplicity, flexibility and durability then a shaker kitchen can provide it all. The style was founded in the late 1700’s by a religious sect from New England known as the ‘Shakers’ and has gone on to become a style trend that has lasted the test of time and is ever popular to this day.
The traditional picture framed construction would have originally been produced from the left-over timber materials that the Shakers’ constructed their homes & other items from. So, Kitchens, table & chairs and even coat hangers were all handmade from Maple or Cherrywood and either left plain or simply painted in a matt finish rather than gloss. All shaker furniture was produced in perfect proportions with minimalist styling making it ideal for the demands of modern kitchen design today. Whether you are looking for a rustic farmhouse kitchen or contemporary modern kitchen, our shaker kitchens can deliver all you need and more!
- ‘In-Frame’ Shaker – The doors & drawers are situated flush inside a surrounding frame
- ‘Lay-On’ Shaker – The doors & drawers sit on the outside of the carcase
- Wood Finished Doors – Such as Medium Oak, Maple, Cherry, Walnut, Pippy Oak, European Light Oak and Ash
- Painted Wood – Grained solid oak hand painted to one of our standard 26 colours or choose your own personal colour from our RAL charts
- Painted MDF – Superb smooth satin matt finish when sprayed from one of our 26 standard colours or from any of our RAL colours
- Centre Panels – As specialists we can offer a variety of centre panel options including different types of beading and shallow recessed panels (Less cleaning of that ledge!)
Designed For You
Everything we do at Kitchens InStyle is inspired by you. Our design team will meet with you in your home to measure up and to explore how you feel we can help in creating your dream kitchen living space. We will then invite you to our fantastic Cadnam showroom to discuss the key functions and features for your new Shaker kitchen establishing your wish list. After we have worked our design magic we will present the room layout and visual perspectives to you, checking that you feel it exceeds your expectations and practical needs within your working kitchen area, your home and your lifestyle.
We are here to help and inspire you in creating your dream kitchen. If you are struggling to find that creative spark or would like to talk to one of our experienced design team why not contact us to see how we can help inspire you?
"I absolutely love it! It’s all I ever wanted and more. I thank you and your team for giving me my dream kitchen and more"Sue & Dave. Customer. Hythe
Step by Step
Measure the room
Measure the room Check services such as gas, water and electrics.
Discuss moving, blocking up or opening doorways, windows or walls.
Explore the style
Check that new design will flow seamlessly with your style and home.
Visit our showroom and with a designer select your kitchen wish list.
See 2D, 3D designs with every detail explained fully.