...turning your dreams into reality
Our design team possess all the knowledge, creativity, flair and personal charisma to inspire and lead you through the myriad of important choices you will be faced with throughout the design experience. Whether you require a designer fitted kitchen or study for your home, a one off commercial kitchen project or a series of kitchen plots within a larger development, we have a proven design process that will ensure it will be a complete success.
"you gave us a fresh perspective on the planning of the kitchen and produced a fabulous design that met our budget" Keith & Linda, Winchester
We constantly refresh our extensive product & technological knowledge through regular training and by keeping up to date with all new developments within the design world. So whether you are looking for a traditional, modern, contemporary or minimalist image for your home, we will have the strength of opinion and insight to provide the best solution for you. We will show you all the current trends that will sit best within your home but also point out the trends that may date quickly!
The process of our free, no obligation design service includes:
1. You visiting our fantastic showroom in Cadnam to get a glimpse of our extensive range of ideas, quality products and furniture door selections.
- This will allow you to transfer your initial thoughts, feelings and ideas to your Kitchens InStyle designer.
- If you are undertaking a building project, please bring your architect’s plans with you so we can explore the initial potential layouts together.
2. A home visit with a view to:
- Carrying out an initial design survey including measuring the room, noting your existing services such as gas, water and electrics. We will check out in depth everything from your existing ceiling lighting and sockets to the capacity of your fuse box.
- Taking an architectural approach to discussing the relevant potential of moving, blocking up or opening out any of your existing doorways, windows or walls. Simply moving an interior doorway can greatly improve the future look, feel and use of the room.
- Noting the interior design style of not only the house in general but in particularly the adjoining room to the kitchen. This will ensure that the new design scheme will coordinate and flow seamlessly with both your own personal style and with your home as a whole.
- Exploring any general design layouts you may have wondered about yourself such as whether an island, American fridge freezer or a breakfast bar seating area would potentially work or not.
3. The next stage is for you to visit our New Forest showroom to establish your wish list in detail. This will include thrashing out all the pros and cons in real depth with your designer who will employ an empathic approach every step of the way. Our Clients Design Requirements Form includes questions that will cover every spectrum of the design you can possibly think of including:
- Selecting a furniture door style from our vast array of shapes, styles and colours within our range of Shaker, Gloss, Flat Panel and Handle free kitchens.
- Blending your choice of worktop material and colour with both your budget and your door style already selected.
- Specifying the individual oven, fridge, dishwasher etc. so that they are tailored to your specific cooking, cooling and cleaning needs.
- Choosing individual items such as spice racks, Le Mans corner carousels and the number of wide pan drawers you require giving us plenty of options to ensure the working space is as dynamic and accessible as you wish it to be.
- Assessing what preparatory works are required such as plastering, ceiling lighting, boiler/radiator replacement and any other work that may have an impact on either your overall budget or timescales for your project in general.
- Agreeing on an overall layout for the design having explored every potential room plan and detailed option with you whilst bearing in mind your budget. We will then conclude the wish list design session by confirming you feel the proposed design layout has the ‘wow’ factor you desire, is practical, functional and works specifically for you.
4. With Great anticipation and excitement we’ll invite you back to the showroom to present you with your new design and will:
- Go through the proposed 2D detailed plan, explaining every cupboard size, door hinging and work top length and justify how the design optimises your storage capacity, preparatory worktop space and capitalises on every visual feature.
- Reflect on your 3D full colour CAD impressions to ensure that you are not just impressed but “wowed” by the clever application of colour, texture, light and use of space.
- Confirm the overall design whilst explaining every detail and individual cost and options contained within our itemised quotation.
- Check that you feel each component still represents exceptional value and exceeds your expectations and requirements.
- Explore all the design and cost options including making any adjustments so that the complete design is optimised within your budget.
Whatever the size and scale of your project we will bring the enthusiasm, knowledge and expertise to allow you to relax and really enjoy the design process.